I’ve worked with a variety of excellent organisations to create resources for children. Here are a selection:
- activity sheets for the National Literacy Trust that accompany my debut poetry collection, Dear Ugly Sisters;
- a video and accompanying worksheet I also made for the NLT to get young people writing a thank you poem for key workers;
- a video and accompanying worksheet for the BUPA Foundation for World Mental Health day;
- two videos (here and here) for the Royal British Legion and NLT about writing a poem for Remembrance; and
- a step by step guide to writing a poem using the Children’s Poetry Archive.
I’ve also written for Teach Primary exploring ways of making poetry more accessible in the classroom and regularly write for the Children’s Poetry Summit Blog. I created some accompanying audio here and here which provides an insight into how I went about writing some of my poems (the poems themselves are available here). And finally…
I’ve carefully selected some of my favourite poems for children and asked people from a variety of backgrounds, ages and cultures to perform them. These performances are provided in audio form, with accompanying text and illustration as a resource for teachers who want to bring poetry to life.
This does what it says on the tin – I’ve collated a few links to poetry resources that I find particularly helpful.